Erin Lowry, “financial translator” and award-winning author, joins the podcast for a third time to chat about navigating tough money discussions with your loved ones, giving yourself permission to spend and why it’s important to evolve your perspective around money as you age and experience life.
Erin has four books in total, speaks at events across the country and has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, CNBC, and more.
We also discuss listening to yourself instead of chasing clout, realistic writing tips and Erin’s new book, Broke Millennial Workbook.
In this episode, you’ll learn more about:
- The power of staying off social media and focusing inwards
- Permission to change your mind when it comes to personal finance advice
- How to navigate difficult money conversations with loved ones + scripts you can use right now
- What is revenge spending, how money is tied to the different seasons of your life + more
Enter for a chance to win a copy of Erin's book; Broke Millennial Workbook by going to journeytolaunch.com/win
Other Links Mentioned in episode:
- Leveling Up Your Money & Investing With Erin Lowry
- How To Navigate Awkward Financial Conversations With The People In Your Life W/ Erin Lowry
- Die with Zero by Bill Perkins
- Get Erin's book, Broke Millennial Workbook
- Check out my new personal website here.
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 34 days trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
- What stage of the financial journey are you on? Are you working on financial stability or work flexibility? Find out with this free assessment and get a curated list of the 10 next best episodes for you to listen to depending on your stage. Check it out here!
Connect with Erin:
- Instagram: @BrokeMillennialBlog
- Twitter: @BrokeMillennial
Connect with me:
- Instagram: @Journeytolaunch
- Twitter: @JourneyToLaunch
- Facebook: @Journey To Launch
- Join the Private Facebook Group
- Join the Waitlist for My FI Course
- Get The Free Jumpstart Guide