Negative / Invisible / Legal (Organized): civil forfeiture and entrenched legal evil
Show NotesWe take on civil forfeiture. The short version: we hate it. It’s a wicked injustice and we think it ought to be fought, and fought hard. (If you want to hear Chris and Stephen get actually angry about something, this is the episode.)
- “Civil forfeiture in the United States” – Wikipedia
- “NYPD admits accounting for its civil-forfeiture seizures is hopeless” – RT
- “Asset Forfeiture Abuse” – ACLU
- “Civil Forfeiture” – Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)
- “Police Can Use a Legal Gray Area to Rob Anyone of Their Belongings” – Kaveh Waddell, The Atlantic
- “Faint Not” by Jenny & Tyler – used by permission, and with the deepest gratitude.
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho. Not quite as awesome as Jenny & Tyler, but that’s okay.
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Andrew Fallows
- Kurt Klassen
- Jeremy Cherfas
- Jeremy W. Sherman
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at Patreon or give directly via Square Cash.
We love to hear your thoughts. Hit us up via Twitter, Facebook, or email!