Ever hear of needing to heat your computer just to get the CPU to fire up? How about wanting to disable one of the radios on your AirPort Extreme? Or what about batch changes to Photos in the new app? All this and more on this episode of Mac Geek Gab. Download and enjoy!
Sponsor: Warby Parker: A new concept in boutique-quality eyewear (that's glasses to us geeks!). Browse online, try on at home, select your glasses. Start with www.warbyparker.com/mgg to upgrade to FREE 3-day shipping on your final pair!
Sponsor: Gazelle is the fast and easy way to get cash for your used iPhone, iPad, and more. Sell your used Apple products at Gazelle.com and make it easier to trade up to the latest devices!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Midwest Mac BBQ
- MacStock Conference and Expo
- Yosemite Upgrade - iMac mid-2011 - Stuck on white progress bar screen at about 50% (7:55)
- TP-LINK TL-SG108E 8-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Switch (10:11)
- TP-LINK TL-SG108E at Amazon
- Evernote (22:12)
- Dropbox Help Center - Photos and Videos
- iTunes: Frequently asked questions about viewing and syncing videos
- Bitcasa - Sending a File or Folder
- iXpand Flash Drive for iPhone and iPad
- Infuse 3
- VLC Media Player
- Box Help - What's The Maximum File Size I Can Upload?
- YouTube Help - Change the privacy settings for your video
- Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points (34:20)
- How to get Batch Change in Photos for Mac (48:25)
- Photos (52:29)
- iCloud: Delete email (54:23)
- Corrupted LaunchServices (58:22)
- Dropbox - How do I recover previous versions of files? (1:00:32)
- iFixit’s (awesome!) repair guides (1:04:46)
- Ruthless Gatekeeping is the Key to Apple Watch Bliss (1:13:02)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.