It's spring, and that means more time outdoors for a lot of folks, which means we need Wi-Fi. Your geeks talk about various outdoor Wi-Fi solutions, including some long range stuff that won't break the bank! Other questions answered include iCloud Drive vs. Dropbox, iCloud Family Sharing, managing multiple Photos libraries and mixing two channels of audio into one for your web conferences.
Sponsor: Lynda.com is the place to learn software, creative, and business skills from in-depth and easy-to-follow video tutorials taught by industry experts. And get a 10-day free trial through our special MGG deal by visiting lynda.com/mgg.
Sponsor: Smile just released a new app in their PDFpen suite of PDF editing tools. PDFpen Scan+ lets you scan documents, articles, receipts, and more, using your iPhone or iPad camera.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Network Switch
- D-Link DGS-1008G 8-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch
- Monoprice 8 Port 10/100/1000 Mbps Desktop Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- TP-LINK TL-SG1008D 10/100/1000Mbps 8-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch
- Green Network Switch Features
- Great Switch from MikroTik - Level 3 Smart Cloud Switch - VLAN OSPF and more. Only £166.80
- What cable modem signal levels are considered good?
- Mac Basics: Use Mission Control to switch between apps or spaces (6:18)
- iCloud Family Sharing (12:09)
- Manage your associated devices in iTunes
- iCloud storage pricing
- LinkedIn to Acquire lynda.com (16:59)
- Drag a File to OS X Terminal Window to Get Path, Edit (21:16)
- OS X: About FileVault 2 (22:52)
- How to view external disk encryption progress
- Core Storage
- A flashing question mark or globe appears when you start your Mac (26:46)
- iFixit Pro Magnetic Project Mat
- How to Fix a Stripped Screw with Super Glue on the Head
- iFixit Screw Extracting Pliers
- 500 Gloves
- LOCTITE EPOXY PLASTIC BONDER
- 2.4GHz Backfire 14dBi WiFi Antenna (42:30)
- The Best Wi-Fi Extender
- LINKASE (Wi-Fi and 3/4G Boosting Cases)
- Get started with Photos for OS X (55:07)
- How to Really Use the Magical Option Key on the Mac
- Audio Hijack 3 (59:37)
- The DBA Podcast with Shannon Jean & Dave Hamilton
- Dropbox (1:05:03)
- Extended Version History is Dropbox's add-on file recovery feature for Dropbox Pro subscribers. This feature preserves up to one year of file history, and replaces the Packrat unlimited version history add-on
- iCloud Drive
- BitTorrent Sync
- The Mac Observer's Mac Geek Gab on iTunes
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.