Has your Mac ever suddenly developed a problem that you're swear you didn't create? Maybe it has a ghost. Or is it time for Dave's "Gremlin Story" from his consulting days? Download today to find out! In addition, your geeks also chat through using an SD Card for ongoing data storage, sharing your iCloud Photo Library, how DiskWarrior can save the day, and battery advice from KISS!
Sponsor: Casper makes an obsessively-engineered mattress at a shockingly fair price. Latex foam and memory foam come together to make for better nights and brighter days. Visit www.casper.com/mgg and get $50 towards any mattress purchase!
Sponsor: Go to Squarespace.com/mgg and click "enter an offer code" under the pricing and put in the code MGG for 10% off your first order. Also Tweet your SquareSpace-created site to @MacGeekGab with the hashtag of #squarespaceshoutout and we'll retweet it to everyone we know!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- OS X: About FileVault 2 (2:48)
- How to create a password-protected (encrypted) disk image
- Encrypt External Disks with OS X
- iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ (7:06)
- Aperture 3 - Working with Photostream
- Rob Griffiths’ Apple Watch Sizing Spreadsheet (17:44)
- OS X Yosemite: Share your Internet connection (27:05)
- Troubleshooting wireless mouse and keyboard issues
- Magic Mouse keeps losing connection
- Bluetooth and WiFi interfering with one another since Yosemite
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference
- Pages for Mac (33:14)
- Microsoft Office for Mac
- Apache OpenOffice
- Office for Mac Preview
- Mac Basics: Time Machine backs up your Mac (39:48)
- Lighten Up, Francis
- iStat Menus 5
- That's the Fact, Jack
- SNMP Test Utility
- Copy (47:00)
- Transcend JetDrive 128 GB
- SD Card Minimum Speeds by Class
- Hardware Growler (58:39)
- Mac ID
- DiskWarrior (1:07:21)
- Drive Genius 4
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.