If you are reading this, you are subscribed to the old feedburner-powered podcast feed. Going forward this feed will NOT be updated and will only contain this placeholder. Feedburner hasn't
been keeping up with the times since Google bought them out - which also meant that for a while, the old feed URL returned an error message. Sure, I had a few laughs when I discovered that a google
service was broken - but it's not exactly something I want to happen again since it could keep the podcast listeners from getting new episodes or going back to re-listen to older ones.
So in order to install a bit of future proofing, I started episode 53 with a public service announcement that asked listeners to resubscribe. Based on user feedback and what the servers whisper
to me in my sleep, there are some people out there who have yet to make that move. Hence this custom message for you - yes, you reading/hearing this message at this exact moment: I really need
you to update your subscription settings.
Fortunately it's really easy:
- Step 1: Delete the current subscription from your RSS reader or podcast client.
- For step 2, you have two options:
- If you listen with a podcast app on your smartphone, you should head into its directory, search for "C64 Take-away" and re-subscribe. If your podcast app
doesn't have a built-in search opton, you should tell it to subscribe to c64takeaway.com/feed
- If you keep up using an RSS reader, you should subscribe to c64takeaway.com/feed
- Step 3: That's it. You're done. Pour yourself a cold beverage of your choice. Sit back and feel good about yourself.
If you're reading this and thinking "I can't be bothered. I got this update without resubscribing, so I'll just leave my setup as it is." - you are going to miss out on future episodes.
And while you're free to do so, I'd really like to keep you around. Because this podcast has the best listener-base EVER. And you guys are a great part of the reason I do this. And if you all formed
an orderly line I'd high-five every last one of you.
Okay? Thanks. Speak to you to next time - on the new feed.