This "Like A Virgin" mix is the twelfth in a monthly series of Madonna album reworks.
I've chosen all nine album tracks, all unmixed, plus the bonus "Into The Groove" track that was included on the 1985 re-release edition.
Madonna wanted to be the record's producer, however her label was not ready to give her the artistic freedom she desired, so she chose Nile Rodgers due to his work with Chic and David Bowie.
The cover sleeve and images were shot by Steven Miesel, who would become a regular collaborator with her. The Virgin Mary or the whore? These were the two extreme images of women she had known vividly, and remembered from her childhood. To quote the Queen...
"The (cover) photo was a statement of independence, if you wanna be a virgin, you are welcome. But if you wanna be a whore, it's your fucking right to be so."
So to all my Rebel Heart Material Girls, Virgins & Angels...it's compiled & made with love, so enjoy! Magnus.
Her second studio album
Originally released November 12th 1984
Reworked July 1st 2018
1. Intro / Material Girl (Sartori 2018 Remix)
2. Dress You Up (Dubtronic Reconstruction Remix)
3. Angel (Lukesavant Save My Soul 2018 Remix)
4. Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Dubtronic Extended Journey Mix)
5. Like A Virgin (Stoned Bears Remix)
6. Pretender (Ronando's One Night Stand)
7. Over and Over (DirtyHands Epic Mix)
8. Stay (Dubtronic Reconstruction Remix)
9. Shoo-Bee-Doo (Samuel's Full Remix)
10. Into The Groove (Shep Pettibone Remix)