My guest for this episode is Gary Hamel, one of the biggest names in the field of strategy.
Gary started working with strategy in the beginning of the 1980’s and has since released a bunch of groundbreaking articles and books on the topic. For example, the terms strategic intent and core competency were popularized by him and his colleagues.
We talk about what makes strategies successful, how hierarchies affect organizations and what Gary thinks about bureaucracy.
There is also a new segment introduced in the second half of the podcast, hope you like it!
- Exove - a digital growth company that helps companies look into the future and achieve growth by designing and creating visually attractive, user-friendly and seamlessly working digital solutions. https://www.exove.com/en/
- Panostaja - an investment company that owns and develops Finnish SMEs: http://www.panostaja.fi/en/
Links for the episode:
- Leyla's website
- Leyla on Twitter
- Unschool project
- Leyla's TED talk: "Paper beats plastic? How to rethink environmental folklore"
Links for the podcast:
- Mailing list: http://eepurl.com/P0dpf
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bosslevelpodcast
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/bosslevelpod
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/fi/podcast/boss-level/id1041885043
- Website: http://www.bosslevelpodcast.com
- Sami Honkonen on Twitter: http://twitter.com/SamiHonkonen
- Sami’s website: http://www.samihonkonen.com
- Sami’s blog: http://blog.samihonkonen.com