Show Notes: Episode 204: Steve’s Hike
Today on the First 40 Miles, we’re checking in with our friend Steve, who completed a thru hike of the Oregon section of the Pacific Crest Trail this summer. And we’ll throw in a backpack hack and some trail wisdom, just for funsies.
* What inspired you to hike the Oregon section of the PCT for your 70th birthday?
* Talk about your daily routine while hiking the Oregon section of the PCT, the rhythm of the trail…
* Did you find that rhythm?
* What does the phrase “trail angel” mean to you now?
* Did you see other 70+ hikers on the trail?
* Have you recovered physically?
* What moments stand out to you?
* Advice to others who want to do a significant hike…