It’s a bumper news episode as Gareth, Pieter and Tim discuss the latest headlines in the military, civilian and space sectors.
F-35 on-board HMS Queen Elizabeth – MoD
The boys are back together and sit down for a chat about F-35 (plenty to discuss here!), the Red Arrows heading Stateside, 19 hour flights on Singapore Airlines, drone technology, the Soyuz mishap and much, much more.
Listen now using the Xtended media player:
You can also download this episode of Xtended by clicking HERE or find us on iTunes by clicking the logo below:
- Britain’s elite Red Arrows are set to carry out their largest ever tour of North America https://www.raf.mod.uk/news/articles/red-arrows-to-light-up-north-american-skies-on-landmark-tour/
- Britain regains carrier strike capability as F-35 stealth jets touch down on HMS Queen Elizabeth https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/28/britain-regains-carrier-strike-capability-f-35-stealth-jets/
- Aeralis trainer https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/aeralis-launches-funding-effort-for-modular-milita-452629
- RAF fast jet pilots to train in US https://www.janes.com/article/84027/raf-fast-jet-pilots-to-train-in-us
- Belgium’s decision to go with F-35 has not gone down well with @AirbusDefence, the company putting out this strong statement. https://twitter.com/rotorfocus/status/1055820973532999682?s=21The
The Red Arrows are heading to North America in 2019 – MoD
- BVLOS – Out of Sight, Out of Mind https://www.aerosociety.com/news/out-of-sight-not-out-of-mind/
- I flew on the longest flight in the world http://uk.businessinsider.com/longest-flight-in-the-world-singapore-airlines-business-class-review-2018-10?r=US&IR=T
- Virgin Atlantic to fly to Perth https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/virgin-atlantic-london-to-australia/
A350-XWB Ultra Long Range Singapore Airlines (Airbus)
Roscosmos to complete Soyuz accident investigation this month https://spacenews.com/roscosmos-to-complete-soyuz-accident-investigation-this-month/
Tweaked SpaceX rocket design? https://www.space.com/41871-elon-musk-spacex-bfr-spaceship-science-fiction-legacy.html
Comet – Graham Simmons
John D Anderton – The Grand Designers
Simon Jakubouski has done a fabulous job setting up the Facebook Aviation Enthusiast Book Club and is launching a loyalty card. This is a Group exclusive 10% discount off all purchases from The Aviation Bookshop! For more info, visit the link above.
As ever, thank you for listening and please keep telling us what you think and what you would like to hear!