In the seventh Episode of Active Motif's Epigenetics Podcast our host Dr. Stefan Dillinger sat down with Prof. Edith Heard, designated Director General of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), to talk about the challenges and goals of her new position as Director General of the EMBL. Furthermore, they also talk about her research on X-inactivation and dosage compensation.
- Heard Lab - https://science.institut-curie.org/research/biology-cancer-genetics-and-epigenetics/developmental-biology-and-genetics/team-heard/
- Elphège P. Nora, Bryan R. Lajoie, … Edith Heard (2012) Spatial partitioning of the regulatory landscape of the X-inactivation centre (Nature) DOI: 10.1038/nature11049
- Luca Giorgetti, Bryan R. Lajoie, … Job Dekker (2016) Structural organization of the inactive X chromosome in the mouse (Nature) DOI: 10.1038/nature18589
- Luca Giorgetti, Rafael Galupa, … Edith Heard (2014) Predictive Polymer Modeling Reveals Coupled Fluctuations in Chromosome Conformation and Transcription (Cell) DOI: 10.1016/j.cell.2014.03.025
- Maud Borensztein, Laurène Syx, … Edith Heard (2017) Xist-dependent imprinted X inactivation and the early developmental consequences of its failure (Nature Structural & Molecular Biology) DOI: 10.1038/nsmb.3365