Synopsis: Michael and Alex talk about Adele’s choice to not make her music available on any streaming services. What are the consequences of this and what does it mean for other artists? This leads into a healthy discussion about purchasing music and the resurgence of vinyl, it’s recent increase in sales, and why some prefer it to digital.
Present: Michael, Alex.
- Vinyl record sales hit 18-year high
- Streaming, Vinyl Rises Amid Declining Album Sales in Nielsen’s 2014 Report
- Here’s Why Music Lovers Are Turning to Vinyl and Dropping Digital
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to The Impromptu!
- Get The Impromptu on iTunes, Stitcher, or via RSS.
Download: Episode 22: Adele Takes Over The World?