Jim and Dan discuss the Podcasts app for iOS and the implications it has for both existing podcast applications as well as for podcasting as a whole, Sirius and the Google TV, Epic games success on iOS, when Apple fanboys attack, Orbitz, the Retina MacBook Pro's financial affect on Apple, and more. Jim also offers his advice for getting back into the guitar by practicing Megadeth.
Links for this episode:
- Podcasts for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store
- Sirius XM Radio, Howard Stern coming to Google TV | Reuters
- Vizio's Google TV box emerges as the Co-Star Stream Player, goes up for pre-order in July with OnLive gaming -- Engadget
- Epic Games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- When Zealots Attack - NYTimes.com
- Microsoft Surface Allows People to Create - NYTimes.com
- On Orbitz, Mac Users Steered to Pricier Hotels - WSJ.com
- iOS crushes Android in app retention
- Retina Display brightens Apple’s profits — Tech News and Analysis
- Preparing to relearn Megadeth songs
- Jackson® Products
- jackson Electric Guitars Results | Musician's Friend
- Twitter / DentedMeat: @danbenjamin <vanhœt&
Sponsored by Shopify (use code 5BY5 for 3 months free), Igloo Software (they're giving away an Aeropress to an Amplified listener), and MailChimp's new Mandrill email service.