My guest is Glenn the Geek - founder of the Horse Radio Network (founded July 2008), cohost of Horses in the Morning, cohost of Finding Florida, and cofounder of the Florida Podcast Network. Every morning he livestreams Horses in the Morning like this:
- Audio only livestream via Blogtalk originally, now via Mixlr.
- Has a 5 computer setup.
- Call-in Studio to take live phone calls via Skype.
- The master Live feed is sent out through Mixlr, which streams through their own app, as well as players embedded on their website.
- Producer sets up guests off-air.
- Hosts and producer chat privately using Skype.
- The final audio podcast is published within 30 minutes after finishing the Livestream.
- Uses a 12 year old Belkin mixer (still, after trying a few newer mixers).
- Uses ATR2100’s or the Behringer XM1800’s.
- All PC’s, no Mac’s.
- Uses Total Recorder to record Skype.
- Uses Mixcraft to edit.
- Uses Auphonic to run all episodes through, to tag and send to destinations.
- Plays sound clips via iTunes.
For the on-location recording of Finding Florida:
- Go to a place and do ten activities in 3-4 days and record everything.
- For interviews, they record with a Tascam DR-05 and two XM1800 microphones.
- They also record on their phones (as a backup while recording with the DR-05) using the Hi-Q app on Android to record and immediately upload to Dropbox.
- There exists audio of Glenn breaking his ribs in the Daytona beach episode of Finding Florida!
- Post-production of episodes using Mixcraft to add music, transitions, etc.
Other hosts on the Horse Radio Network:
- All connect with and record guests using Skype.
- Use Google Sites for production notes.
- Are all hosts streaming Live? No.
*I asked Glenn if he ever recorded audio of any of his horses. He said YES - and he played some clips in this episode! Thanks for being a great guest, Glenn! DID YOU KNOW........We exist for the purpose of helping you, so please comment below with any questions or remarks. We appreciate you listening. Want to Start a Business or Have a Career as a Podcast Producer/Engineer? Listen and Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, TuneIn, Android, RSS, Email