In this episode, we release the content from a recent MM Meetup call with Horace where he unpacks ‘What makes Micromobility Disruptive?’. This was recorded from a call for our paid subscribers via the Substack newsletter, and grants exclusive access to Horace to ask questions on a monthly basis. It helps support the work that Horace, myself, James, Chase and Luke do to generate content for you guys, and grants you exclusive benefits like discounts to Summits, exclusive swag, early access to content and a community of other micromobility enthusiasts. See more details below.On the call, they cover:
- How the current phase of scooters are similar to the Motorola Razr of the mid-late 2000â€™s.
- How dependent on infrastructure is Micromobility’s success? What can we learn from the deployment of both cellular and autonomotive infrastructure development?
- The difference between adoption and disruption. Why adoption will come regardless, and what about disruption is predictable? How can we use language to track adoption?
- What is micromobility actually disrupting? Why is it hard to convince others to see the market for something that is additive.
- What segments are existing OEM’s not serving with their car products, and what opportunities does this present to micromobility providers? How is this causing them to flee the low end?
- How disruptive are traditional electric vehicles? How is this different?
- Micromobility deserts - what will happen in exurban areas? How does this track with the trend of urbanisation?
- Christensen says that automobiles weren’t disruptive themselves, but the Model T was. Horace explains why.
Catch us on Twitter @MicromobilityCo. Horace and Oliver are also active on their personal accounts and would love to hear from you.<sponsor info>Micromobility is coming to Berlin Oct 1st! Get tickets here.Our newsletter is completely free, and you can subscribe to have it in your inbox every Tuesday morning here! And for those who want more, we offer our Micromobility membership (mmm) which includes exclusive content, swag, and conference discounts, as well as live calls with Horace and team!We’re also on LinkedIn and Instagram.