Where do your aspirations truly come from? Are your goals rooted in something deep inside of you, or are they a product of societal pressures? So many of us lose sight of our internal voice due to deeply ingrained ideas of what we should be like and what we should achieve. If you can truly get in touch with what is authentic to you, that’s where the magic happens. If you want to create a life that is in alignment with who you really are, you have to disconnect from all of the external voices and messages that have influenced you for your entire life. Today’s guest left behind a successful engineering track and a job at Microsoft in order to follow his calling. Vishen Lakhiani is a speaker, activist, New York Times Best Selling Author, and founder of the world-changing company Mindvalley. His story is a powerful testament to the power of overcoming fears and what can happen when you decide to step into your power. Please enjoy this interview with the one and only, Vishen Lakhiani! In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why exposure is essential for growth.
- How cultural pressures can disconnect us from our inner voice.
- The difference between an ends goal and a means goal.
- Why you should strive to be a rule breaker.
- Where true fulfillment comes from.
- The link between fear and safety.
- What self-fueled goals are.
- Why you should set goals that are possibly unattainable.
- How bare minimum goals can actually make you more successful.
- The importance of social connection for human happiness.
- How to create an intentional community to help you thrive.
- The power of writing down specific goals.
- Why you should express gratitude for yourself.
- The problem with most meditation problems.
- How nationalism separates us from our humanness.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- Phenomenal Life 2020
- Increase Your Sense of Value with Lisa Nichols – Episode 234
- The Code of the Extraordinary Mind by Vishen Lakhiani
- Mindvalley A-Fest
- 6-Phase Meditation with Vishen Lakhiani
- Connect with Vishen Lakhiani Website / Instagram
* Download The Transcript Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week! Click Here to Subscribe via Apple Podcasts Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Click here to Subscribe via Spotify Click here to Subscribe via Soundcloud