Today I’m speaking with Sydney Finkelstein, an expert in leadership and the author of the well-researched book, Superbosses: How Exceptional Leaders Must Master the Flow of Talent.
We first discuss the main archetypes of different superbosses (the iconoclasts, the nurturers, etc.) through a number of different examples of well-known business leaders.
Then we get into various factors that make superbosses tick alongside some sentiments that are tantamount to treason when talking to a superboss.
Sidney also shares how superbosses almost always leverage the apprenticeship model when it comes to growing new talent.
In This Episode
- What is a superboss?
- The research that went into the book, including hundreds of interviews.
- The three archetypes of superbosses.
- Confidence and why it matters in being a superboss.
- Competitiveness and imagination in the workplace.
- Integrity and being a superboss.
- Why authenticity is essential for becoming a good leader.
- On being a hands-on delegator.
- Why apprenticeship can’t be beat.
- Network development and talent spotting.