People who are familiar with Carver’s design work over the years will realize that Bob doesn’t just try to make the same products as everyone else…rather, he is an original thinker. Bob joins us to give us his take on the perfect speaker, the perfect amplifier, and how to build the perfect home theater.
-- Side Notes --
-- The Extra Credit Section --
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode check out this week's page from our podcast dashboard!
This Episode's Podcast Dashboard
Phone Systems for Ask Noah provided by Voxtelesys
Join us in our dedicated chatroom #AskNoahShow on Freenode!
-- Stay In Touch --
Find all the resources for this show on the Ask Noah Dashboard
Ask Noah Dashboard
Need more help than a radio show can offer? Altispeed provides commercial IT services and they’re excited to offer you a great deal for listening to the Ask Noah Show. Call today and ask about the discount for listeners of the Ask Noah Show!
live [at] asknoahshow.com
-- Twitter --
- Noah - Kernellinux
- Ask Noah Show
- Altispeed Technologies
Special Guest: Bob Carver.Links:
- Proxmox VE 6.0 — Proxmox Server Solutions GmbH, developer of the open-source virtualization management platform Proxmox VE, today released its major version Proxmox VE 6.0. The comprehensive solution, designed to deploy an open-source software-defined data center (SDDC), is based on Debian 10.0 Buster. It includes updates to the latest versions of the leading open-source technologies for virtual environments like a 5.0 Linux kernel (based on Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco Dingo"), QEMU 4.0.0, LXC 3.1.0, Ceph 14.2 (Nautilus), ZFS 0.8.1, and Corosync 3.0.2. Proxmox VE 6.0 delivers several new major features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Pitivi Video Editor Gets Better Thanks to Google Summer of Code - OMG! Ubuntu! — “An interval time system is a common tool in many video editors. It will introduce new features in Pitivi,” he explains.
“The user will be able to set up a range of time in the timeline editor, playback specific parts of the timeline, export the selected parts of the timeline, cut or copy clips inside the interval and zoom in/out the interval.”
- Kdenlive Video Editor Updated with More than 70 Bug Fixes - OMG! Ubuntu! — Kdenlive 19.04.3 serves as the third point release in the ‘refactored’ Kdenlive 19.04.x series. It’s also expected to be the final minor update, as a new “major release” is said to be less than a month away.
- Ubuntu Now Offers the Latest Nvidia Graphics Drivers to LTS Users - OMG! Ubuntu! — Word on the street is that Ubuntu 18.04 LTS users can now install the latest releases of the proprietary Nvidia driver through the regular Ubuntu updates channel.
- Fedora is 'Disabling' the Snap Plugin for GNOME Software - OMG! Ubuntu! — Red Hat’s Richard Hughes announced the change on the Fedora developer mailing list, citing various issues with the plugins QA and long-term usefulness.
Neal Gompa, who maintains the Snap package in Fedora, says the decision has “blindsided” him.