If you’re a modern sort of infrastructure engineer, you’re likely interested in APIs.
Structured data, everybody. That’s a big win. RESTful APIs are the most common you’re likely to run into when managing infrastructure, and on today’s show I interview Chris all about RESTful API fundamentals.
Your buzzword bingo list includes automation, abstraction, pagination, idempotent, JSON, YAML, swagger, and versioning. Drink!
* What is a REST and how provides a set of definitions for how APIs can share data
* How APIs work
* How APIs tie into automation
* The anatomy of an API conversation
* Key subjects including authorization, pagination, versioning, and idempotent requests
* Education and training available from Rubrik Build
Sponsor: Quest Software
Quest Software is your go-to for everything Microsoft. Migrate to a new SharePoint or Office 365 environment, move to OneDrive for Business, consolidate Active Directory and Exchange, secure your AD from insider threats, and much more! Learn more at Quest.com/DatanautsPod, and join Quest at The Experts Conference this August for Active Directory and Office 365 training and earn up to 7 CPEs. Get details here.
Swagger – GitHub
Rubrik Build – Rubrik
Roxie at Rubrik: GitHub Repositories for Learning – GitHub
Roxie Workshop Automation (PDF of slides)