- Apple testily responds to Google's Project Zero discovery of China's iOS hack against Uyghur Muslims.
- Avoiding FUD: how secure is too secure?
- Facebook leaks 420 Million users' phone numbers. In a related story, until recently, AT&T stored users' phone numbers in unencrypted paper files and delivered them directly to all US citizens.
- Apple Event this Tuesday! Which new phone will win the 2019 Fall Challenge?
- Phone Photography of the Phuture!
- Apple Watch 5 is all about sleep.
- Apple Tile, Apple Glasses, Apple TV, Apple Arcade, what else will happen on Tuesday?
- Harry is excited about the 16 Inch MacBook coming soon.
- Samsung Fold released in South Korea. It's not perfect, but it is a necessary step towards a cyberpunk future.
- An AI beat an 8th-grade science test. My 8th grader spends most of his time in the backyard blowing up stuff. Should we be scared?
- Joi Ito resigns over Epstein ties. Let's make sure we punish all the tech people who worked with Epstein and ignore all the bankers and politicians.
- Bill Gates has spent the past 10 years rehabilitating his image. Will his ties to Jeffrey Epstein remind everyone what a jerk he used to be?
- Verizon's 5G rollout to NFL stadiums only covers some seats.
- DOJ demands Apple and Google give them data on everyone who downloaded a gun scope tuning app.
- Supermicro flaw - no, not that Supermicro flaw, the other one.
- Huawei says the US is cyber-attacking it. Um, Duh.
- Biohacking is here. Stick a server in your thigh!
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Harry McCracken, Jason Hiner, and Seth Rosenblatt
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- casper.com/twit1 - promo code: TWIT1
- Wasabi.com offer code TWiT