Docker's surprising news, new nasty Intel vulnerabilities, and why Brave 1.0 changes the game.
Plus, our thoughts on the PinePhone BraveHeart limited edition, and Stadia's potentially rocky launch.Links:
- Mirantis acquires Docker Enterprise — Mirantis, a prominent OpenStack and Kubernetes cloud company, has acquired Docker Enterprise product line, developers, and business.
- What We Announced Today and Why it Matters
- Docker’s Next Chapter: Advancing Developer Workflows for Modern Apps
- Docker Restructures and Secures $35 Million
- Container upstart's enterprise wing sold to Mirantis, CEO out, Swarm support faces ax
- IPAS: NOVEMBER 2019 INTEL PLATFORM UPDATE (IPU) — “67 of the 77 vulnerabilities we are addressing were internally found by Intel”
- MDS Attacks: Microarchitectural Data Sampling
- Intel Fixes a Security Flaw It Said Was Repaired 6 Months Ago
- Intel Failed to Fix a Hackable Chip Flaw Despite a Year of Warnings
- PINEPHONE – “BraveHeart” Limited Edition Linux SmartPhone For Early Adaptor — The “BraveHeart” Limited Edition PinePhones are aimed solely for developer and early adopter. More specifically, only intend for these units to find their way into the hands of users with extensive Linux experience and an interest in Linux-on-phone.
- Brave browser comes out of beta — The Brave open source browser fundamentally shifts how users, publishers, and advertisers interact online by giving users a private, safer, and 3-6x faster browsing experience, while funding the Web through a new attention-based platform of privacy-preserving advertisements and rewards.
- Installing Brave on Linux
- Google Stadia will be missing many features for Monday’s launch — Among the missing: 4K on PC, Achievement UI, Google Assistant, Family Sharing
- The world is waiting for Google Stadia to flop
- Microsoft’s xCloud preview now has 50 new games
- Choose Linux 22: Finding Your Community — We talk about the best ways to get involved in open source communities, finding like-minded people, conference strategies, community hubs, and what happened to all the LUGs.