Some of the topics we discuss with Victoria Vergason of The Hour during this interview include:
- How Victoria used her globe-trotting career in international finance to build a colorful and diverse collection of vintage glassware and bar tools.
- The various changes in glassware size and shape as we moved from the golden age of the cocktail, to prohibition, and beyond.
- Why cocktail pitchers and rooster motifs really need to make a comeback.
- How history and culture had a direct effect on the design and materials used to make different glasses and tools, including camouflaged cocktail shakers, gun trigger mechanisms on jiggers and, even hand-painted cocktail glasses.
- The origins and implications of the “Three Martini Lunch”
- Why Victoria is branching out to create her own line of glassware and bar tools called “The Modern Home Bar.”
- Which famous artists and thinkers she would invite to her ultimate historical cocktail hour
- And much, much more