Johnny and Jon are joined by Andy Williams to talk about some of the unusual ways developers are using Go. In this particular episode they deep dive into building GUIs and discuss all of the challenges imposed by trying to build a UI that is both cross platform and functional. How do you create buttons that work on both mobile and a desktop app? Should you even be designing both apps at the same time? Tune in to find out!
Discuss on Changelog News
DigitalOcean – DigitalOcean’s developer cloud makes it simple to launch in the cloud and scale up as you grow. They have an intuitive control panel, predictable pricing, team accounts, worldwide availability with a 99.99% uptime SLA, and 24/7/365 world-class support to back that up. Get your $100 credit at do.co/changelog.
Algorithms with Go – A free Go course where panelist Jon Calhoun teaches you how algorithms and data structures work, how to implement them in Go code, and where to practice at. Great for learning Go, learning about algorithms for the first time, or refreshing your algorithmic knowledge.
- Andy Williams – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jon Calhoun – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Enlightenment Window Manager - Window manager mentioned on the show
- Shiny Go Bindings - A way to access Shiny with Go
- Qt Go Bindings - A way to interact with Qt in Go
- andlabs UI - GUI library in Go
- Fyne - GUI library in Go
- Wails - GUI library in Go using Vue.js
- Awesome Go - List of Go projects with a GUI section
- Hands on GUI Application Development in Go - Andrew’s book on GUI development