Xander Shepherd and Max Spohler are two of the three founders of Artet, a groundbreaking cannabis aperitif that's making waves in the cocktail space.
In this interview, we discuss:
- How these two New York natives took the leap into the world of entrepreneurship to pursue a dream that merged their passions for art, hospitality, and cannabis.
- What an aperitif is, and how Artet stays true to the history of the drink, but also extends the conversation about where Cannabis fits into the cocktail space.
- Where the name “Artet” and the abstract artwork on the bottle come from.
- We also do a quick contemporary state of the union regarding cannabis laws and regulations in different parts of the US.
- We sample Artet, giving you in-depth tasting notes and cocktail ideas
- And along the way, we dig into the problem with pebble ice, what to drink on Richard Branson’s private island, and why it’s okay to eat your cocktail garnishes.