Jess was sick as a dog and thus we are sharing a super informative Q&A that Elsie did in the She Podcasts Supersquad that was jammed packed with all kinds of audio equipment wisdom about recording remote interviews, how to record more than one person, how to get the best audio from your guest when recording remote interviews, moving beyond download numbers and so much more!
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOUR VIRTUAL TICKET FOR THE SHE PODCASTS LIVE 2019? DO IT TODAY!
Join the She Podcasts Super Squad for exclusive coaching and attention to you from Jess and Elsie for only $5 a month! (Only until January 2020 - after that price goes up to $10/mo) Episode Recap: length 50:13
- Jess intro!
- 1:51 Elsie starts her Q&A!
- 2:04 Onsite Interview hardware
- Minimum set-up
- Minimum set-up plus
- Set-up EXTRA
- 15:05 Where should people sit when recording together?
- 19:02 Room and noise treatment
- 21:25 Coaching a guest to get the best audio on your show (remote recording)
- 26:30 What’s the easiest way to get a guest to record their local audio
- 28:56 Complicated recording of 2 remote guests
- 30:25 Episode growth? What to focus on beyond downloads
- 35:05 Should I be on other people’s shows for growth
- 37:47 Do you have to have episode level artwork?
- 39:20 What is a good process for podcast files back-up
MOST LINKS BELOW ARE AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
- Zoom H6
- Samson Q2Us
- Shure SM58s
- XLR cables
- 5-Way Multi Headphone Audio Splitter Connector
- Adjustable mic stand
- Episode of The Feed where we recorded 4 of us seated around each other holding the microphones
- RODEcaster PRO
- 1/4 to 1/8 Headphone Adapters
- She Podcasts episode that Elsie mentions
- “I don’t listen to podcasts”
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT! For $5 per month get exclusive access to coaching with Jess and Elsie
Get special time with Jess and Elsie weekly over in the She Podcasts Supersquad! All you need to do is to sign up to be a $5 per month Patreon. We are waaaaaay worth more than a cup of coffee. Patreon Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK! Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group !