What changes in your writing and development when collaborating with a director?
This episode, Chas steps down as co-host (kinda) and is interviewed by Stu as a guest, alongside director Ben Mizzi, about the short rom-com that Chas wrote and Ben directed & produced. The episode covers taking an idea from pitch to screen, working with a director, directing performance on the page, and marketing and distribution strategies for short films.
If you are thinking of producing your own content, well worth a listen!
And if you want to watch The Snip - a 16 min rom com about a guy who gets a vasectomy without telling his wife - here it is: https://youtu.be/_iBdDFKqqbs
Thanks to Chris Walker for editing this episode.
- Introduction: The Snip
- Working With a Director (@ 3:44)
- How did you go from pitch to script? (@ 13:16)
- Short films and audience expectations (@ 22:19)
- What expectations can you have of the end product? (@ 26:41)
- How do you "direct" performance on the page? (@ 39:05)
- How do you direct performance from a writer? (@ 46:03)
- What are some marketing strategies for short films? ( @ 52:28)
- What is your online release strategy? (@ 58:22)
- WATCH: The Snip - https://youtu.be/_iBdDFKqqbs
- LISTEN: Screen Director with Jeremy Saunders on Key Art - http://www.screendirector.org/post/2015/8/14/jeremy-saunders-key-art
Please considering rating or subscribing to us on Apple Podcasts or sharing us on the Social Medias! We like finding new listeners.
Many thanks to Chris, Sandra, Jack, Jessie, Nick, Khrob and Theis for being top-level patrons. They’re good humans. Consider joining their ranks and supporting us on Patreon!