In this special episode of What Christians Should Know, Dr. Sadaphal talks about the coronavirus (COVID-19): that is, how do we think about it, how do we make sense of it, and how do we respond biblically to the current crisis.
This episode is meant to speak to people who are concerned, confused, fearful or anxious about current events.
Our Scripture focus will be II Chronicles 9:23.
The notes below are mentioned in the podcast:
Listen to Pastor Ed Moore’s Sermon (from Sunday, March 15th, 2020 @ North Shore Baptist Church):
1. World Health Organization. Director-General's remarks at the media briefing on 2019-nCoV on 11 February 2020. https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-2019-ncov-on-11-february-2020 (Accessed on February 12, 2020).
2. Centers for Disease Control. Disease Burden of Influenza. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html (Accessed March 14, 2020).
3. Chan JF, Lau SK, To KK, et al. Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus: another zoonotic betacoronavirus causing SARS-like disease. Clin Microbiol Rev 2015; 28:465.
4. International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses. http://ictvonline.org/virusTaxonomy.asp (Accessed on March 14, 2020).
5. Masters PS, Perlman Masters PS, S. Coronaviridae. In: Fields Virology, 6th ed, Knipe DM, Howley PM, Cohen JI, et al (Eds), Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, a Wolters Kluwer business, Philadelphia 2013. Vol 2, p.825.
6. McIntosh K, Peiris JSM. Coronaviruses. In: Clinical Virology, 3rd ed, Richman DD, Whitley RJ, Hayden FG (Eds), ASM Press, Washington, DC 2009. p.1155.
7. Perlman S. Pathogenesis of coronavirus-induced infections. Review of pathological and immunological aspects. Avd Exp Med Biol 1998; 440:503.