Ian Crosby (@IanDCrosby, Managing Director @ContainerSoluti) talks about how Cloud-native applications are as much about new technology patterns as they are about new organization patterns, collaboration patterns and risk-management patterns.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Datadog Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt
- DivvyCloud - Achieve continuous security & compliance. Request a free trial today!
- DivvyCloud’s 2020 Cloud Misconfigurations Report - Cloud misconfigurations cost enterprises $5 trillion in 2018 and 2019.
- MongoDB Homepage - The most popular database for modern applications
- MongoDB Atlas - MongoDB-as-a-Service on AWS, Azure and GCP
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
- Container Solutions (homepage)
- Ian’s Blog (Container Solutions)
- Cloud Native Transformation Patterns (Strategy, Culture, Tech, Orgs, etc.)
- Cloud Native Transformation (O’Reilly)
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Tell us a little bit about your background, as you’ve been around software development and this move to cloud-native for a little while now.
Topic 2 - Lets begin by talking about patterns. What are some common application patterns, and how do they begin to change when we’re talking about cloud-native patterns?
Topic 3 - What are some of the more commonly used cloud-native patterns? Are they more focused on the underlying technology (e.g. containers, Kubernetes, etc.) or more focused on the actual application (e.g. 12-factor, etc)?
Topic 4 - Have you found that some patterns are easier for groups (or companies) to adopt than others?
Topic 4a - “Why are patterns useful in Cloud Native?” or “How do you get started using patterns?” are two topics/questions which may be interesting.
Topic 5 - Have you found that some patterns are easier or more difficult to maintain over time?
Topic 6 - What are some common tips that you share with communities or your clients to help them find early success to build confidence?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet