In this amaro-driven conversation with Nick Fisher of Cocktail Chemistry, some of the topics we discuss include:
- How Nick started his incredibly popular YouTube Channel and how he organizes his videos by subject to appeal to different audiences
- Why he decided to subject himself to a comparative tasting of nine different domestic and imported Fernets
- Where Fernet fits into the larger world of Amari and herbal liqueurs, and why it’s a deceptively difficult category to define
- Where in the world Fernet is the most popular, and how the people of Argentina have created their own signature method of drinking Fernet and coke.
- We also do a comparative tasting of two different Fernets from Nick’s video to give you a cross-section of different tasting notes, we talk about the flavor science supporting Fernet’s complexity, and we also discuss the merits of using really nice whiskey in cocktails.