In this juniper-perfumed discussion with gin expert, author, and spirits judge Aaron Knoll, some of the topics we cover include:
- The story of how Aaron fell in love with gin at 3am at a dive bar in Buffalo, NY.
- How he developed his pentagonal (and later, hexagonal) visual representation of gin flavor profiles.
- We then do a sample tasting using this visualization to demonstrate how to systematically break down the flavor profile of an actual gin in the glass.
- In addition, we chat about some of the contemporary trends in the gin world
- How to distinguish a contemporary gin from a London Dry gin, from an Old Tom gin
- What trends Aaron is most excited about from his recent statistical analysis of Consumer Taste Preferences
- And much, much more.