Aaron talks to Jim Brennan (CPO @ BetterCloud) about SaaSOps and the challenges of managing SaaS applications in a world when IT is becoming decentralized.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- DivvyCloud - Achieve continuous security & compliance. Request a free trial today!
- DivvyCloud - The best mistakes are the ones that don’t happen. Learn how IaC offers preventive cloud security.
- MongoDB Homepage - The most popular database for modern applications
- MongoDB Atlas - MongoDB-as-a-Service on AWS, Azure and GCP
- Datadog Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
Topic 1 - Jim, welcome to the show. tell everyone a little about yourself and what has you so passionate about making SaaS better?
Topic 2 - Over the years on the podcast we have watched the growth of the SaaS market. It seems a market isn’t truly it’s own until you attach Ops to it… We’ve seen DevOps, SecOps, NoOps, and many others. So, today we are going to talk about SaaSOps. What is SaaSOps?
Topic 3 - At the core of SaaSOps is the ability to discover all the SaaS capabilities that are being used across a company. There is no longer a central place in IT to discover things, and no longer a fixed perimeter for input and output. So how do you discover things in SaaSOps?
Topic 3a - On the flip side of that, how do you manage data discovery, because if things didn’t go through a known exit point, how do you connect what data left the company (or might be insecurely stored somewhere?)
Topic 4 - Every industry has growing pains. What are some in the SaaS industry? Security seems to always be a pain for everyone...
Topic 5 - How is this space different from straight up identity management and the classical dashboard of SaaS and other apps that may be provided to me as an employee of a company?
Topic 6 - Your background is non-Silicon Valley and the company locations reflect that. How has it been building a company outside the bubble?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet