Undoubtedly we are living in times of heightened stress. Uncertainty, fear, anxiety, living in close quarters, loneliness - they're all stressful experiences and in some way or another, we're all grappling with them as we live through the Covid-19 pandemic.
Today's guest, Ellen Carr, is a holistic coach and yoga teacher who believes that Ayurveda - the ancient sister science of yoga - offers us a way to learn how to identify our stress responses, and importantly, how we can begin to balance them out.
In today's episode Brooke and Ellen talk about Ayurveda, how it can help us live a more well-rounded life and why it's so important to identify your stress responses, particularly in a time of high stress. They also discuss:
- What is a 'dosha' type and why is it an important part of Ayurveda?
- How to discover your dosha
- What happens if you're split across two or even three dosha types
- Some practical actions that will help calm your nervous system, no matter what your dosha
- What are some of the more common stress responses?
- How do we identify our stress responses and work to balance them out?
- Why naming it can help in alleviating some of the stress
Looking for more Slow?
- Find show notes, resources and links at slowyourhome.com/season6
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for the Slow Post, Brooke's weekly slow-living love letters
- Or leave a rating or review in iTunes
Support the show: https://www.patreon.com/slow
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.