Tal Weiss (@weisstal, Co-Founder/CTO of @OverOpsHQ) talks about the challenges of frequently deploying applications, understanding cloud-native patterns, and helping developers debug problems in production.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Datadog Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt
- Logz.io Homepage - Start your free Logz.io trial here, and receive a t-shirt, on us!
- OpenObservability.io online event (May 27, 2020)
- strongDM Homepage
- Start your free 14 day trial today at: strongdm.com/cloudcast
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
PodCTL Podcast is Back (Enterprise Kubernetes) - http://podctl.com
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. You’ve been a software developer, an entrepreneur and worked on some pretty challenging technical areas - tell us a little bit about your background. What motivated you to start OverOps?
Topic 2 - We are quickly moving to a world where software is no longer a “big bang” planning activity, but lots of continuous activities, loosely coordinated. What sort of challenges does that create for production applications?
Topic 3 - OverOps talks about this concept of Continuous Reliability. What does this mean in a world where cloud-native patterns are teaching people that they should build systems that are designed around unreliable infrastructure?
Topic 4 - How does OverOps begin to make it easier for developers to debug production problems, especially when there are many tools collecting lots and other information about systems?
Topic 5 - Where do you see the most progress for companies that have these highly variable, fast-moving application environments improving the most? Is it the evolution of SRE teams, or visibility tools, or something else?
Topics 6 - Any tips you can pass along to our audience for reaching continuous reliability?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet