Today we discuss the challenges and opportunity of making a sequel to a highly successful game like Crusader Kings 2.
On the agenda:
- The decision-making process behind greenlighting a sequel at Paradox
- Measuring expectations and retaining a franchise’s spirit
- How to reach new audiences and appeal to the core player base at the same time
- How to prioritize content and features when developing a sequel base game
- Answering your questions
- A chat with guests from Larian Studios and Fatshark.
0:15 – Introduction & our favorite game sequels
2:55 – Topic of the day: Crusader Kings 3 and the Business of a Sequel
17:45 – Chat with Fatshark co-founder Martin Wahlund about Warhammer: Vermintide 2
27:56 – Chat with Larian Studios Publishing Director Michael Douse about
Divinity: Original Sin 2
32:04 - Answering your questions with Max Weltz, CK3 Product Manager
42:38 – Wrapping up
You can also find today’s episode on:
• Spotify: https://pdxint.at/2HFshtu
• Soundcloud: http://pdxint.at/2EYDl15
• iTunes: http://pdxint.at/2BnBWBo
• Player.fm: http://pdxint.at/2EWTCnl
• Poddtoppen: http://pdxint.at/2CiqXGw
• Acast: http://pdxint.at/2ExBD9lWelcome
Thank you for watching! Next episode premiere: June 16th.
Support the show (http://paradoxplaza.com)