Jason is a devout Christian, he is married and has one son. Jason is one of the best business strategists I know, he is also a successful venture capitalist, leader and entrepreneur. In business his mission is to create jobs and impact by scaling impactful firms. In the family sense his mission is to be living in the manifest presence of God so that that is palpable for his son.
Jason’s Dad left when he was ten and he grew up without a dad, raised by a single-mom with two sisters in a family with very little money. Jason and his Dad only connected two decades later and Jason opens up about his own healing journey stemming from having an absent father and thus not growing up emotionally whole.
It is powerful to hear Jason talk on how he found his Faith and how this has transformed himself, his life and his view on family in such a radical way. He shares how he has recently learnt to be a man and what being a Dad in the presence of God means for him and how this shapes his own life and his family life. When his son Elai was three he devoted a year to being a great father in terms of reading, praying and thinking. He refers to this as a faith driven revelation for him.
Jason finishes the session with powerful book recommendations on family, religion and becoming a better dad (links below).
The most powerful takeaways for me as a dad where:
- Switch on as a Dad. You need to choose this.
- An interesting concept Jason shares: Children first and foremost must feel safe with you, after that they must feel unconditionally loved, after that they must feel capable and after that they must feel responsible.
- Behaviour issues can sometimes be solved by healing the gut.
- Parenting with a higher purpose or energy in mind in beneficial for yourself and your children.
- Spending dedicated time on learning how to become a better father is powerful.
If dadicated.com helps you being a better parent, please consider leaving a review. It’ll take you only a few minutes but the impact for others might be huge. Thank you so much. Enjoy this session with Jason Goldberg!
The books Jason discusses in this episode (also see Jason’s parenting books airtable: https://airtable.com/shrsf8XkbHQpr3sF0):
- “Raising Men: Lessons Navy Seals Learned from Their Training and Taught to Their Sons” by Eric Davis
- “Raising Kingdom Kids” by Tony Evans
- “Discipline That Connects with Your Child's Heart” by Jim Jackson
- “The Well-Behaved Child” by Dr. John Rosemond
- “Raising Giant-Killers: Releasing Your Child's Divine Destiny Through Intentional Parenting” by Beni Johnson and Bill Johnson
- “Kingdom Man” by Tony Evans
- “Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High”, by Al Switzler, Joseph Grenny, and Ron McMillan
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/dadicateddotcom/message