Vincent and Rich discuss the SARS-CoV-2 D614G amino acid change in the spike glyprotein, duration of infectious virus shedding from patients, virus transmission among hamsters infected in the laboratory, and tackle listener email.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Rich Condit
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Austin TX key indicators for staging
- D614 amino acid change (Scripps)
- Virus shedding in hospitalized patients (medRxiv)
- Hamster SARS-CoV-2 model (Nature)
- COVID-19 host genetic initiative
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 628
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com