With Facebook boycotts, changing advertising policies, and channel unpredictability, it’s more important now than ever to invest in what you can control
The approach to search engine optimization (SEO) has changed over the last several years, but it still remains an incredibly important component of your marketing strategy.
This week’s guest is SEO consultant and expert Dan Shure. Dan’s been working in SEO for more than 12 years, and he joins us to talk about what’s changed over time when it comes to SEO strategy, the two different types of core content to focus on, what’s working in ecommerce SEO in 2020 and the tools you should be using to be successful.
This episode has some great actionable tips you can start using today, and I hope you enjoy! Episode Highlights
Links and Resources:
- 5:16 How Dan fell into SEO while working as a professional musician
- 7:50 What is SEO really? Is it a channel, a traffic source, links, or something else?
- 13:30 The #1 thing business owners need to think about when it comes to ecommerce SEO in 2020
- 15:49 Informational intent vs. purchase intent content and how you should be using each in your SEO strategy
- 18:53 Letting the keywords be your guide as you’re thinking about creating content with informational or purchase intent content
- 22:40 Breaking down seed keywords and how to identify them for your brand
- 26:04 Why Dan shifted from an agency business model to a consulting and training model
- 31:35 The technical pieces of SEO you need to watch out for in ecommerce
- 33:55 Should you have a developer on your team to help you with technical SEO?
- 35:34 Shopify blog or Wordpress blog: which is better for SEO?
- 37:20 What’s working right now with content: remember the keywords are king.
- 42:56 Backlinks: do you need them and how to build them proactively
- 46:30 Must-have tools for ecommerce SEO in 2020
- Evolving SEO
- Experts On The Wire Podcast
- Evolving SEO on Youtube
- Evolving SEO Interview with PR Expert Dmitry Dragilev
- Dan's Seven Beliefs About SEO
- @Dan_Shure on Twitter
- @EvolvingDan on Linkedin
- Strengths Finder
- Google’s Guidelines on SEO
- Google’s Developer guidelines
- Brian Dean’s Skyscraper Technique
- Dan’s SEO Toolkit
- Keyword Keg
- Screaming Frog SEO spider
- SEM Rush
- Keywords Everywhere plugin
- SEO Minion
- Google Natural Language
- 5 Ways To Use Google's Natural Language Tool for SEO (Dan's YouTube Walkthrough)
- @a_brawn on Twitter
- @andrewfoxwell on Twitter
- Brand Growth Experts
- Foxwell Digital
- Review or subscribe on iTunes