In 1927 Maurice Parmelee wrote “it is of great importance for gymnosophy that race prejudice disappear entirely, or be reduced to the lowest possible minimum.” He would certainly be disappointed by the persistence of systemic racism nearly a century later. We discuss being Black in Naturism with Gregory Jean Louis, a passionate listener; Shirley Mason, of Haulover and the B.E.A.C.H.E.S. Foundation; and Michelle Jackson, of the Black Naturists Association.
Links to items mentioned in the show:
- The New Nudist, July 6 2020 episode – Nick and Lins from the Naked Wanderings Blog and Evan of @NaturistVintage
- @NaturistVintage on Twitter
- Minorities in Naturism episode from 2010
- B.E.A.C.H.E.S. Foundation
- Black Naturists Association
Photo: Michelle and friends at a Black Naturists Association event.
The post: Black Naturists, appeared first on The Naturist Living Show Podcast.