Today’s Day Two Cloud gets into career advancement with guest Sam Erskine. Sam has developed a five-step process to help you get where you want to go in IT. Curiosity is key, and the mistakes you make can actually lead to new knowledge and opportunities.
Sam is head of cloud engagements for a large consulting firm. Sam developed this process for a presentation to distill his years of experience. You can follow Sam on Twitter at @samerskine.
* Sam’s five-step process for career advancement
* Understanding the why and not just the how
* Balancing technical chops with business knowledge and essential communication skills
* Building career capital
* Staying open to new ideas
* The role of mentorship
* Skill comes with practice and dedication
* Start with something easy that solves a particular problem
* Mind your own business
Boost your career with online IT training from sponsor ITPro.TV. Now’s a great time because ITPro.TV is offering you a 7-day free trial and 30% savings off of any plan you choose! Visit ITPro.TV/day2cloud and use promo code CLOUD at checkout to exercise your greatness.
Sam Erskine on Twitter: @samerskine
Geekbydayfreakbynight.com – Sam’s blog
Sam Erskine on LinkedIn