Download Episode! Savannah left a comfortable life in Vancouver as a young teenager to backpack the world with her family and at 18 years of age had already traveled to 80 countries. Savannah, as a 14 year old, and her family were shaken out of their comfort zone in Canada. With her mother, older brother and sister, she embarked on a four year journey across the world. They traveled and lived as locals on a very tight budget. The family was audacious, not shying away from the more challenging corners of the globe. They traveled overland in Pakistan and Afghanistan. They spent months in India. The family circumvented Africa. She literally grew up on the road, even meeting her fiance in Western Africa. Savannah has documented her incredible journeys in a series of books: Sihpromatum. Please listen in on her amazing adventures. Subscribe on iTunes today! More about Savannah Grace:
Subscribe on iTunes today!! About Counting Countries Counting Countries is the only podcast to bring you the stories from the dedicated few who’ve spent their lives on the singular quest of traveling to every country in the world. Less people have traveled to every country in the world than have been to outer space. Theme music for this podcast is Demeter’s Dance, written, performed, and provided by Mundi. About GlobalGaz Ric Gazarian is the host of Counting Countries. He is the author of three books: Hit The Road: India, 7000 KM To Go, and Photos From Chernobyl. He is the producer of two travel documentaries: Hit The Road: India and Hit The Road: Cambodia. Ric is also on his own quest to visit every country in the world. You can see where he has traveled so far and keep up with his journey at GlobalGaz.com How Many Countries Are There? Well… that depends on who you ask!
- Born in: Vancouver, Canada
- Passports from: Canada and hopefully Holland soon!
- Favorite travel book: Gone With The Wind
- Favorite travel site: Booking.com
- Must carry: iPhone for notes and photos, unless my fiance counts, then it’s definitely him!
- Favorite food: Sushi or curry!
- Favorite drink: Coffee and sweet wine for alcohol.
- Favorite Airline: Emirates! Dying to fly Emirates First Class!
- Favorite Hotel: Rainforest Expeditions in Peru’s Tambopata Rainforest! WOW!
- Website: Sihpromatum
- Facebook: Sihpromatum
- Twitter: @Sihpromatum
- Instagram: Sihpromatum
- Map: Savannah’s Map
- Books: Sihpromatum: I Grew My Boobs In China & Sihpromatum: Backpacks And Bra Straps
- The United Nations states that there are 193 member states.
- The British Foreign and Commonwealth office states that there are 225 countries and territories.
- The Century Club states that there are 325 sovereign nations, territories, enclaves, and islands.
- The Most Traveled Person states that there are 875 unique parts of the world.
- The Best Traveled states that there are 1281 unique places in the world.
- Me? My goal is the 193 countries that are recognized by the UN, but I am sure I will visit some other places along the way.
Disclaimer: I will earn a fee if you order from Amazon/Agoda.