Download Episode! Johnny has been collecting amazing travel experiences as he travels to every country in the world. Johnny started his travel adventures straight out of university on an incredibly low budget. He shares with us his stories of illegally entering China via the Mekong River on a Chinese cargo boat to backpacking in Africa for months on $15 a day. Over time, he created a million dollar business as he nears completing his goal of traveling to all 193 countries. Subscribe on iTunes today! More about Johnny Ward:
Subscribe on iTunes today!! About Counting Countries Counting Countries is the only podcast to bring you the stories from the dedicated few who’ve spent their lives on the singular quest of traveling to every country in the world. Less people have traveled to every country in the world than have been to outer space. Theme music for this podcast is Demeter’s Dance, written, performed, and provided by Mundi. About GlobalGaz Ric Gazarian is the host of Counting Countries. He is the author of three books: Hit The Road: India, 7000 KM To Go, and Photos From Chernobyl. He is the producer of two travel documentaries: Hit The Road: India and Hit The Road: Cambodia. Ric is also on his own quest to visit every country in the world. You can see where he has traveled so far and keep up with his journey at GlobalGaz.com How Many Countries Are There? Well… that depends on who you ask!
- Born in: Galway, Ireland
- Passports from: Ireland & UK
- Favorite travel book: I love Vagabonding by Rolf Potts, and Shantaram
- Favorite travel film: Lost in Translation, best movie ever!
- Favorite travel site: XE - on it all the time
- Must carry: Secret stash of USD!
- Favorite food: Lebanese, Indian, Thai, and Mexican - yum, yum, yum, yum.
- Favorite drink: Guinness (as if you have to ask!)
- Favorite Airline: Singapore Air or Korean Air
- Favorite Hotel: Sri Panwa, Thailand or the Chedi, Oman, or Niyama, Maldives
- Website:One Step 4 Ward, Step 4 Ward Media, & Give Back Give Away our charity NGO, currently building a playground in Cambodia, you may help us here.
- Facebook: /onestep4ward
- Twitter: @onestep4ward
- Instagram: One Step 4 Ward
- The United Nations states that there are 193 member states.
- The British Foreign and Commonwealth office states that there are 225 countries and territories.
- The Century Club states that there are 325 sovereign nations, territories, enclaves, and islands.
- The Most Traveled Person states that there are 875 unique parts of the world.
- The Best Traveled states that there are 1281 unique places in the world.
- Me? My goal is the 193 countries that are recognized by the UN, but I am sure I will visit some other places along the way.
Disclaimer: I will earn a fee if you order from Amazon/Agoda.