Key Links Counting Countries Apparel ---------------------------------------
On today’s episode, I welcome jenna klotz to Counting Countries. I learned about Jenna from two previous guests; Randy williams traveled with her in Armenia and Artsakh, and Lexie Alford randomly met her in the Pacific. Jenna is also living in Chicago and our interview coincided with my summer visit to my home in Chicago. So taking advantage, Jenna and I set up a time to meet.
Instead of playing with dolls as a kid in Michigan, Jenna pretended to be a travel agent, planning trips for her family. At college, she didn't do one semester abroad, she did three semesters abroad! Travel was in her blood. After college, she ended up teaching in a small town in Hungary.
This stay in Hungary in conjunction with European discount airlines, propelled her into the world of counting countries. During our conversation, jenna, talks about a 55 foot rogue wave that disabled the ship she was on, money mishaps in Mauritania, the beauty of the Bolivian salt flats, and being detained by the police in Mali. Jenna shares with us a touching moment of meeting a woman in Mogadishu, who saw the ocean for the first time.
I encourage you to subscribe wherever you listen, Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify and of course if you like the program, feel free write a review. Remember go to Amazon to pick up your Counting Countries T-shirt, just like Linda Smith Tabb recently did. But for now, here’s my conversation with Jenna in the Chicago Counting Countries Studio. Please listen in and enjoy.
More about Jenna Klotz:
- Born in: Grand Rapids, MI
- Passports from: 2 US Passports
- Favorite travel book: Chasing 193
- Favorite travel film: Lost in Translation
- Favorite travel app: maps.me
- Must carry: hand sanitizer and tissues
- Favorite food: It’s not necessarily my favorite back home, but without fail, when I travel I miss tacos
- Favorite drink: Coke Zero
- Favorite Airline: Whichever has the most miles at the time (usually United)
Favorite Hotel: Whichever has the best deal