From the NIH campus (recorded February 2019) Vincent and Rich meet with Eugene Koonin to discuss his theories on the evolutionary origins of viruses.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Rich Condit
Guest: Eugene Koonin
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Virocentricity with Eugene Koonin (TWiV 275)
- Origin of viruses (Nat Rev)
- Multiple origins of capsid proteins from cells (PNAS)
- Origins and evolution of global RNA virome (mBio)
- Evolution of NCLDV of eukaryotes (Adv Virus Res)
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org