Tony Schountz joins TWiV to explain the work of his laboratory showing that deer mice can be infected with and transmit SARS-CoV-2, and how his colony of Jamaican fruit bats is being used to understand their response to virus infections.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Rich Condit, Kathy Spindler and Brianne Barker
Guest: Tony Schountz
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- SARS-CoV-2 infection of deer mice (bioRxiv)
- Infection of Jamaican fruit bats with MERS-CoV (Sci Rep)
- Immunological control of virus infections in bats (Front Immunol)
- Transmission of bat influenza viruses in bats (Nat Micro)
- Letters read on TWiV 668
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks
Brianne - Virus Masks
Kathy – UV in the vineyards (video)
Rich - Great White Shark Attack
Vincent - Smart WiFi garage door opener
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com