Daniel Griffin provides a clinical report on COVID-19, including a discussion of the role of vitamin D in COVID-19, Michael and Christopher explain why we have made all the wrong moves during the pandemic, evidence that the D614G amino acid change improves transmission in hamsters, and listener questions.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Rich Condit, and Brianne Barker
Guests: Daniel Griffin, Michael B. Yaffe, and Christopher D. Barrett
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
Weekly Science Picks
- Regeneron CoV-2 mAb cocktail results (Regeneron)
- Vitamin D and COVID-19 (Lancet Diabet Endocrin)
- J&S Ad26 SARS-CoV-2 vaccine phase 1/2a results (medRxiv)
- All the wrong moves (Science Signaling)
- Trump main drive of CoV misinformation (NYTimes)
- Surgisphere scandal (The Scientist)
- SARS-CoV-2 D614G earlier transmission in vivo (bioRxiv)
- Das Coronavirus bullet points
- Letters read on TWiV
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Dickson - Why we should all wear masks Listener Pick
Brianne - Milestones in Vaccines
Rich - Wallpaper/fabric designs by David Goodsell
Vincent - Das Coronavirus bullet points and a new t-shirt
Justin - COVID Alert NY App | Department of Health
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org