This week we’ve been hoovering with robots and playing Hades. We discuss snaps getting auto-theme install support, the Groovy Gorilla mascot, crowd sourcing featured apps for the Snap Store, touchpad gestures for Linux desktop and Mir still being alive and well! We also round up our picks from the tech news and bring you some events!
It’s Season 13 Episode 29 of the Ubuntu Podcast! Alan Pope, Mark Johnson and Martin Wimpress are connected and speaking to your brain.
In this week’s show:
- We discuss what we’ve been up to recently:
- Alan has been hoovering with Harvey.
- Mark has been playing Hades.
- We discuss the community news:
- Snaps getting auto-theme install option
- Ubuntu 20.10 gets a new wallpaper
- Ubuntu 20.10 (Groovy Gorilla) Final Beta released
- Crowdsourcing Featured Applications
- Touchégg 2.0.0 – trackpad gestures
- Mir 2.1 is not dead
- We mention some events:
- FSF is 35 party – Friday, October 9th (12:00 EDT until 17:00 EDT). #fsf on freenode irc
- Linux Application Summit – 12th to 14th of November 2020 – Online
- MiniDebConf “Gaming Edition” – 21st – 22nd November 2020 – Online
- We discuss the news:
- MockA65xx – Universal 6502/85xx CPU replacement
- Hacktopberfest aftermath
- Public Health England misses a load of contact tracing records due to dodgy Excel import
- The Failed OUYA Game Console Seeing Work For Mainline Linux Kernel Support
- Image credit: Annie Spratt
- We are running a crowd funder to cover our audio production costs on Patreon.
- You can listen to the Ubuntu Podcast back catalogue on YouTube.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to email@example.com or Tweet us or Toot us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
- Join us in the Ubuntu Podcast Telegram group.