If you’re like most people, you’ve probably spent more time than you would like to admit on your couch, in front of a screen, or both since the pandemic started. We’ve all been there, so it’s no surprise that a recent study published by BMC Public Health showed that levels of sedentary behavior have skyrocketed while levels of exercise have decreased over the last seven months. What comes as more of a shock is that these trends are showing a tendency to become permanently entrenched.
Today’s guest, world-renowned movement coach and therapist Aaron Alexander, is here to offer a few tools to help all of us put down our phones and reconnect with our physiology. Instead of recommending sweeping lifestyle changes, Aaron makes an argument for subtle, steady shifts to your daily life—starting with spending 30 minutes on the floor every day.
Aaron explains that movement doesn’t need to be complicated—but we do need to move. Because when you’re stressed, and you don’t move, your system begins to deteriorate. 2020 might not be the year to undertake a complete transformation, but adding in more movement is incredibly important right now, for your health and happiness.
Enjoy my conversation with Aaron Alexander, and give his suggestions a try. You might even start to see the world differently from down there on the floor.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why movement helps to bring your brain online and deal with stress.
- What role your personal narrative plays in how you approach your health.
- How posture is linked to your perception of the world—and the world’s perception of you.
- How simply doing the work and showing up can help you manifest success.
- Why swift lifestyle changes don’t always have staying power.
- How our belongings can harbor psychological weight.
- The connection between bringing organization into your body and bringing organization into your home.
- Why it’s important to get out of the same repetitive sitting position you’ve been in since kindergarten.
- Why Aaron recommends spending at least 30 minutes a day on the ground.
- How poor food choices are more likely when you feel out of control—and vice versa.
- The three simple things Aaron says you can do every day to bring alignment to your life.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Eatsmarterbook.com Pre-order Eat Smarter to get the mini-course on the 10 foods that are clinically proven to optimize your fat loss hormones.
- Onnit.com/model Get 10% off MCT oils and your entire purchase!
- The Top 7 Longevity Tips – How to Live a Longer, Better Life - with Guest Peter Ragnar — Episode 38
- The Align Method by Aaron Alexander
- The Align Podcast
- Aaron Alexander Website / Instagram
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
- Apple Podcasts
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation