Reeves Wiedeman is a reporter at New York and the author of the new book Billion Dollar Loser.
“You get inside these companies and … you assume everything is running based on models and numbers and then you get inside and it’s just people. And sometimes they have MBAs and sometimes they don’t. … At the end of the day, whether you’re running a media company or an office space company, it’s all people making these decisions and they often do very strange, contradictory, and ultimately unsuccessful things.”
Thanks to Mailchimp for sponsoring this week's episode.
- Wiedeman on Longform
- Wiedeman on Longform Podcast
- Wiedeman's archive at New York Magazine
- 01:00 "The Watcher" (New York • Nov 2018)
- 01:00 "What's Left of Condé Nast" (New York • Oct 2019)
- 01:00 "A Company Built on a Bluff" (New York • Jun 2018)
- 01:00 "The I in We" (New York • Jun 2019)
- 02:00 Billion Dollar Loser (Little Brown • 2020)
- 17:00 "Is Uber Evil, Or Just Doomed?" (New York • May 2017)
- 25:00 Cambridge Analytica coverage at The Guardian
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.