Azeem Azhar speaks with Yale Professor of Social and Natural Science, Internal Medicine & Biomedical Engineering, Nicholas Christakis, whose latest book “Apollo’s Arrow,” lays out the three phases of the world’s recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic. Christakis argues that each phase will be fraught with risk and will leave an enduring impact on our society, economy, and politics.
They also discuss:
- How a successful vaccine will influence global geopolitics as a soft power.
- How to deal with the pandemic on individual and community levels.
- How the “Swiss Cheese model” of accident causation can help policymakers build resilient prevention and response systems.
- “Apollo’s Arrow: The Profound and Enduring Impact of Coronavirus on the Way We Live” (Christakis, 2020)
- “Building Better Cities After Covid-19” (Exponential View podcast, 2020)
- “Navigating Covid-19 as a Digital Republic” (Exponential View podcast, 2020)
- “A Swiss Cheese Approach to Pandemic Safety” (The Verge, 2020)
Exponential View newsletter