Olivia Nuzzi is the White House correspondent for New York.
“I don’t think that, broadly speaking, this a group of redeemable people. … But I do think there is tremendous value, in this first draft of history, trying to understand why the fuck they are like this. … There is value in understanding why these people are like this because they are the reason why we are here in this situation. And I think it’s a [question] that historians will try to answer years from now. … I view my job as providing fodder for that.”
Thanks to Mailchimp and SAIC for sponsoring this week's episode.
- Nuzzi on Longform
- Nuzzi's archive at New York
- 13:00 "The Final Gasp of Donald Trump’s Presidency" (New York • Nov 2020)
- 24:00 "Steve Bannon and Reince Priebus Want You to Know They’re Actually Friends" (New York • Feb 2017)
- 25:00 "My Private Oval Office Press Conference With Trump, Pence, Pompeo, and Kelly" (New York • Oct 2018)
- 25:00 "How John Kelly Failed to Tame the West Wing" (New York • Dec 2018)
- 25:00 "The Chaotic, Desperate, Last-Minute Trump 2020 Reboot" (New York • Aug 2020)
- 36:00 "The Mystifying Triumph of Hope Hicks, Donald Trump’s Right-Hand Woman" (GQ • Jun 2016)
- 39:00 "An Anonymous Republican on Power vs. Contempt for Trump" (New York • Oct 2020)
- 56:00 "Listen to Children Who’ve Just Been Separated From Their Parents at the Border" (Ginger Thompson • ProPublica • Jun 2018)
- 1:06:00 "Does Governor Andrew Cuomo Have His Nipples Pierced?" (New York • Apr 2020)
- 1:08:00 Nuzzi's archive at The Daily Beast
- 1:08:00 "The Entire Presidency Is a Superspreading Event" (New York • Oct 2020)
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.